08 July 2022
Home victory for Haim-Swarovski horse
First competition, first home victory! German Olympic Champion Dorothee Schneider rode the Haim-Swarovski horse Dante’s Hit OLD to victory in the St. Georg on Friday morning in the Small Tour.
The trainer of host Evelyn Haim-Swarovski scored 72.206 percent with the 8-year-old Oldenburg gelding.
Second place went to the Austrian duo Stephanie Dearing and Auheims’s Del Magico with 70.824 percent. “That was a nice round, with which we can be very satisfied after the long break. Especially in the trot tour we were swinging very nicely. A step mistake even cost us the possible victory,” analyzed the partner of Olympic rider and national champion Christian Schumach.
The 14-year-old gelding Del Magico was runner-up in the Young Horse World Championships in 2014 under the saddle of the Carinthian rider. Dearing: “Del Magico competed internationally in the Young Riders for two years with Chiara Pengg, the owner’s daughter. Fortunately, he survived a colic two and a half years ago without any problems. Now it’s a matter of slowly building him back up to the Grand Tour, and in September we want to compete at the National Championships. For such a restart there is no better tournament than the one at Schindlhof. There is no place that treats horses and riders more lovingly than here.”
26th Manfred & Hilde Swarovski Memorial Tournament
Concours de Dressage International, CDI4* Schindlhof
#1 FEI Prix St. Georges
Honorary prizes from the company D. Swarovski KG for the Top-3
Honorary gift from the Rochelt distillery
1. Dorothee Schneider (GER), Dante’s Hit OLD, 72.206 percent
2. Stephanie Dearing (AUT), Auheim’s Del Magico, 70.824
2. Maria Aponte Gonzalez (COL), Lord Of The Dance, 70.824
4. Charlotte Lenherr (SUI), Loewenstern, 70.647
5. Nicole Wego-Engelmeyer (GER), Badoit 2, 70.294
6. Birgit Wientzek-Pläge (SUI), Ascona 88, 70.029
7. Ferdinand Caki (GER), Edward Of Locksley, 69.882
8. Kahtarina Haas (AUT), Faberge RSM, 69.529